Monday 30 June 2014

Seeing George by Cassandra Austin

Was intrigued by the style and size of this book, that is what attracted me in the first instance.  The fact that I was also standing in a book shop that I had been visiting for nearly 30 years and it was it's last day of opening meant that I had to buy something.   I pondered and took a while with my selection, I ended up with two books so the other will be reviewed at another time.  I did um and ah for a while about my purchases and I actually ended up with something that I usually avoid - a mystical, whimsical piece, an odd little offering.  Many times I thought no this isn't for me but there was something about it that kept me with it and ended up reading it over a weekend.  It was a dip into a love story with a very strange contrasting support act.   All hail to Frank, what a stellar, understanding and patient character he was!  And good on you Violet for your conviction and courage in the face of adversity.
Odd, weird but an enduring relationship made it worth persevering with.
Not sure about you but I can't see Dragons either.

No comments:

Post a Comment