Thursday 9 January 2014

Now I can dance by Tina Arena

Enjoyed the afternoon finishing reading Tina Arena's memoir 'Now I can dance'. I was totally absorbed by Tina's own reflections of her stellar musical career.  I have followed her since the YTT days when she dazzled us as an 8 year old, and then followed her through the years as she challenged herself to find out 'where she wanted the music to take her'. I loved reading about all the people she has worked with, collaborated with, sung with as well as her strong family focus that has kept her so grounded.  Am pleased she has found such success and love and look forward to hearing about the next part of her life.
 Looking at my own music collection I realise how much she features in it, and whilst reading the book I took the opportunity to check out some old YouTube film clips of her earlier days.  That was fun and gave Tina's recollections great context.  Thank you Tina for sharing where you have been and what you have achieved, though does not dig deeply personal stuff it still gives us much insight into how hard she works and how nice it was not to have to read a 'train wreck story', just an honest person doing her best in what she loves the most.
Nice to hear again about all the musicians I grew up with and loved watching on Countdown, as well as all the major international stars she has had the opportunity to meet and sing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment