Monday 20 January 2014

Murder and Mendelssohn confessions

Firstly I must confess that this is actually the first Phryne Fisher mystery that I have ever read.  Having been totally addicted to the recent ABC series which bought the characters of Phryne, Jack, Dot and Mr Butler to life I looked forward to dipping into the real thing.  I found myself seeing the cast of players as portrayed in the series which if course happens if you read the book after the show.  But I would say I was slightly disappointed with the storyline and wasn't quite what I expected. I was waiting for the real twists and turns but it seemed to concentrate more on the side story lines but without that familiar Phryne/Jack chemistry. My second confession is that I will probably not go back and read the rest of the series, many will chastise me for not doing so, but I think the TV adaption will do more than adequately for me to be engaged with Kerry Greenwood's work and I am hoping that a third series will be made.


No comments:

Post a Comment