Saturday 19 April 2014

Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult

This one does not fit into the AWW challenge but am including it as it the third title our newly formed book club has read.  We will be meeting very soon to discuss the novel.  Having not read Picoult before I will be extremely interested in everyone else's thoughts and opinions.  I would say I was a bit disappointed as often I read Sandra Brown, Joy Fielding and Jayne Ann Krentz when I move away from my favourite genre of Australian Contemporary fiction so I guess I was expecting something similar.  I do prefer psychological suspense and thrillers so this particular novel was a bit of a challenge.  Although it dealt with the concept of repressed memory, gritty jail and dramatic court scenes it still didn't keep me enthralled.  I also did not enjoy the side stories of Hopi, I skipped over this part quite often.  I will hold my complete judgement until I discuss with others but my reaction is that it was underwhelming but at the same time am willing to give other novels by Picoult a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment