Monday 21 April 2014

Firestorm by Tamara McKinley

Wow, I just remembered why I love her books so much.  Could not put this one down as it is such a great yarn.  I have read many of her previous novels and have loved them but must admit I have missed the last few so have a bit of catching up to do.  I remember reading her earlier work Jacaranda Vines and Matilda's Last Waltz and feeling the same way - real page turners, easy to read with excellent characterisation.  Reading Firestorm confirms too that it is still my favourite type of novel- Australian contemporary fiction with a combination of history, romance and family relationships plus a bit of intrigue.  If I look back over what I have read in the past I am placing my bets that a number of my favourites have those same ingredients.  I would admit though I am amazed and slightly nervous at the many new romance 'chook lit' titles, although it is great to see so many female authors being published I am however very wary of the ones I choose to read in this new 'ag' genre.
Will go back and seek McKinley's ones that I have missed and add them to the 'to-read' pile.  I am really enjoying being connected back to my reading again and also happy I have reached my target in the AWW challenge already!  Will keep going, am on a roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment