Saturday 22 February 2014

The Longing by Candice Bruce

Something drew me to pick this one as our first book club title.  Probably the fact that is my favourite type of genre, Australian historical fiction.  Also perhaps my limited knowledge about Australian art which is the main theme of the novel inticed me to learn more.  I did enjoy the book,  loved the mix of two time frames and the writer worked these two together beautifully.  It gave the story balance and the intrigue that kept you going to the end.  Would love to have a sequel to find out what Cornelia does with all the information and how it impacts the Australian Art scene.  Sometimes difficult to read due to the nature of some of the issues within the book, confronting and sad.   Look forward to discussing it with book club members and hear their views.

No comments:

Post a Comment